The following instructions will help you with printing addresses directly onto envelopes along with a standard size 10 envelope template.
- Please create and download a list of merged recipients from your Intouch > Mailing Lists > New List
- Do not delete any of the headers in this spreadsheet, make sure to clean up your data and then save your file as a .csv (comma delimited).
- Download and save the merged Salutation Size 10 envelope template document (from below)
- Open this document and type in your return address onto the template and save once again and close.
Start a mail merge. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for the version of Word that you are running. Open a fresh Word document.
Microsoft Office Word 2003
On the Tools menu, click Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge.
Microsoft Office Word 2007 – later
On the Mailings tab, click Start Mail Merge, and then click Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.
The Mail Merge task pane appears.
Step 1 of 6: Select document type
- In the Mail Merge task pane, click to select Envelopes under Select document type.
- Click Next: Starting document.
Step 2 of 6: Select starting document
- Under Select starting document
- Choose Start from existing document, and then either select from the list of file names, or click Open to browse for an existing envelopes document.
- Click Next: Select recipients.
Step 3 of 6: Select recipients
- Under Select recipients:
- Choose Use an existing list, and then click Browse if you want the recipient information to come from an existing data file. (your .csv)
- In the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, make any adjustments to the list of recipients, and then click OK.
- Click Next: Write your letter.
Step 4 of 6: Write your letter
- Type your return address onto your envelope if you haven’t already.
- Click Next: Preview your envelopes to continue.
Step 5 of 6: Preview your envelopes
- Preview the envelopes by clicking the left and right arrow buttons.
- If you want to make last-minute changes to the recipient list, click Edit recipient list to skip names or add to your list.
- Click Next: Complete the merge to continue.
Step 6 of 6: Complete the merge
Under Complete the merge, select from the following two options:
- Click Print to send the merged envelopes to the printer.
- Click Edit individual letters to send the merged envelopes to a new document, which you can edit or save before printing.
Additional information on creating labels and envelopes is available from Microsoft. Please note that GoMax Solutions does not provide support for third party software such as Microsoft.
Need to print to labels instead? Click here to learn how!