Domain name forwarding means exactly what it sounds like. You would like to forward or point a domain name to a website or another domain name.
IE: You have developed a website under the domain name mortgagefinder.ca. You recently found another great domain name efinance.ca. You would like to make it such that if someone types in the domain name erefinance.ca it “forwards” or takes the client to the mortgagefinder.ca website.
We recommend purchasing domain names from the following websites:
Assuming you have purchased your domain names from these providers, here are the instructions for forwarding a domain name. If you have chosen to purchase a domain name from another provider, please contact that provider for instructions.
Domain Name Forwarding – mightydomains.com
1) Go to the mightydomains.com homepage.
2) Click on “domain names” link along the top menu bar and then again on “my domain names” from the drop down menu.
3) Enter your login name and password.
4) From the “domain control center”, check the domain name you would like to forward, and then on the “forward” icon.
5) From the domain forwarding panel, make sure you are on the forwarding tab and then highlight the “enabled” radio button.
6) Type in the domain name you would like to forward this domain name to. In our example you would type in “http://www.mortgagefinder.ca”. When you are done, click “OK” and your done.
Domain Name Forwarding – domainsatcost.ca
1) Go to the domainsatcost.com homepage.
2) Click on “login” along the top menu bar.
3) Enter your username and password.
4) Click on the “domain admin” tab and highlight the domain name that you would like to forward.
5) Under “domain-name server information” click on the “edit” button.
6) Then click on “forward this domain”.
7) Highlight the “forward to this URL” radio button and type in the domain name that you would like to forward this domain to. In our example you would type in “http://www.mortgagefinder.ca”. When you are done, click “submit forwarding change” and your done.